Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Only in America!!

Just like most of you I spent the 4th of July with family and friends. Enjoying the pleasures that can only be appreciated in a society that is truly Free to do what we choose.
I got one of the Hotrods out of the garage and went to a car show with my sweetie and enjoyed the company of many people that were there celebrating the freedoms we all sometimes take for granted.
It was distrubing though that the event was not started off with a traditional flag raising ceremony and the presentation of the colors. We didn't even have that part of the event until later in the evening prior to the start of the demolition derby and then it was fantastic.
I understand that I hold values and expectations that are sometimes a little old fashioned but those are the values that I was raised with and so are traditionally what I expect.
I do not take my freedom for granted and I hope those that read my blog snd support me in my lofty goal can understand that we all have a responsibility to protect those freedoms and rights that we hold precious.
My view is not one that all share, but it is who I am. I am an American, patriot, dad, parent and husband.
I only ask that we all remember how we get the freedom to do what we choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment