Monday, June 20, 2011

Wisdom from the past

So this morning I received an email from my boss and included was a video featuring Archie Bunker.
Some of you may remember him from the early 70's as a working class guy that lived in the suburbs. He was very opinionated and worked hard for a living. The reason the show was so popular was his version of what he perceived as the truth of the way of the world.
He was prejudicial, judgemental and actually a very grumpy sort of fellow, but his way of expression spoke directly to the situation in the country at the time.
I just noticed that the thoughts of that time have some real similarities to now. I understand that things are very difficult, but. as Americans we still have the power to make a difference.
Do so, do not just sit idly by and let things go to hell in a handbasket.
I started my campaign on the belief that we have all had enough of the shenanigans going on in the Government right now.
Stand up and be counted, I will do my best to help you all be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment